Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One Resolution: BE BRAVE

As the calendar turns to 2014, it's inevitable that I think about myself as an educator. Really, after husband and father, I most identify myself as an educator. So, it's natural on this, the last day of 2013, to be thinking about school and my role in it.

I have just one resolution: Be Brave.

The older I get, the more daring I've become in my teaching. That daring has led to some significant changes in the classroom and I'm so happy. When change is made, I feel refreshed and I'm quite confident that rubs off on my students.

But I'm still scared of one thing and I'm determined to get over it.

In 2014, I will submit a piece of writing for publication. I don't know if it will be an article or a poem or a short story, but I will put my name on something, call it complete, and send it in to a publisher.

It might not be selected, but it definitely won't if I don't send it in. The willingness to fail allows for greatness to enter.

Happy New Year!

DARE GREATLY.
ENGAGE OFTEN.
BE BRAVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment