Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Group, New Inspiration

As I continue on this great journey to become the best teacher that I can, I realize that so much of my job is inspiring students to learn. They have the power and they have (or have had) the curiosity. I just need to inspire them, to let them see value in learning, to allow them to create.

Because I'm in English guy, a words guy, I often find my inspiration in quotes, poems, sayings.

Tomorrow, I get a new group of students and I'm thinking of bombarding them with words that move me--and I hope move them.

Here are just a few I'm considering, but I need your help! Besides, I think it could be quite powerful to know that others are paying attention to their actions, that others care that these students do a good job, too. So, reply. Whether it's Twitter or Facebook or right on this blog, get me your favorite words! And I'll put them on my board tomorrow as we start a new trimester.

"Only engagement can produce mastery."--Daniel Pink, Drive

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."--Shakespeare

"I have no special talents; I am only passionately curious."--Albert Einstein via @delta_dc

"Ask a different question. How are you intelligent? Instead of the classic: How intelligent are you?"--Sir Ken Robinson

Keep the words coming! INSPIRE MY STUDENTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment