Sunday, April 20, 2014

Calling All Conferences

Over the last year--starting with MACUL 2013--I've been bitten by a bug: a presenting bug. I LOVE it! I suppose it really connects my two passions: education and performance. Before I was a teacher, I was an aspiring actor. Really, I only left theatre because I taught it to children once and learned that I liked that more than actually doing it myself.

For ten years, I didn't realize that I could do both. I'm not sure why, but I just hadn't considered it. I just didn't know about the opportunities.

And that's still how I feel. Though I'm speaking quite a bit more around the state--getting ready to head to Jackson, MI next Saturday for #ConnectEdu--I still don't know of all the opportunities.

So, I need your help. Hook me up with links! Connect them as comments to this blog or email the opportunities to dtheune@springlakeschools.org or contact me on Twitter using @DavidTheune.

Over the last year, I've learned more than ever. That's because I've been in the presence of more motivated educators than ever through these conferences. Also, through preparing my own talks, I've become more aware and excited and reflective of my own practices. Together, with the daily education I get from my colleagues and from my students, it has made the last year the best one of my career.

Calling All Conferences!
Bring 'em on!

No comments:

Post a Comment